Friday, August 30, 2013

Small High-End Beauty Haul: Nars & Chanel

Hello gorgeous!

I wanted to start my first official blog post with a small haul! It is only three items but they are quite pricey items and are all splurge-worthy in my opinion! 

The first item is the NARS Artisan Kabuki "Ita" Brush ($58.00 CDN) 


NARS ITA Brush ($58 CDN @ The Bay)

I have been wanting to purchase this brush since Jaclyn Hill of Youtube raved about it in her contouring video! It is a very unique brush made of black goat hair that is super soft and dense, perfect for contouring! 

I purchased mine at The Bay on a whim while I was looking at Nars blushes. I didn't expect them to have it! However, after looking at it online, I saw that Nordstrom is selling it for $43 CDN! (which is a steal compared to the $65 price tag I paid after tax) However, it was on Backorder last time I checked...

According to the description on Nordstrom's website, 


Modern concept and function unite with traditional Japanese culture, creating unique and versatile Kabuki Artisan brush designs. Featuring super black goat hair known for its softness and strength, NARS' brushes are designed for a variety of uses including color application, blending, contouring and highlighting. Ita Brush is a small, flat and angular design ideal for blending and contouring - NARS.

I haven't got the chance to try it out yet, but I will let you know how I feel about it when I do! Maybe I will feature it in a first impressions video. Let me know if you are interested. 

(*Update: I'M IN LOVE! This brush is so soft and blends perfectly, I have only used it for contouring but it's incredible!) 

The next two items are both blushes from CHANEL




The first item is the JOUES CONTRASTE POWDER BLUSH in #68 Rose Écrin ($48 CDN) and contains 4 grams of product. 

Rose Écrin is a neutral dusty pink with a slight sheen to it. It is incredibly finely milled and very soft to the touch, almost powdery. I do experience some fall-out in the pan when I use it with my blush brush. I purchased mine at Shopper's Drug Mart



Chanel JOUES CONTRASTE Powder Blush in #68 Rose Écrin ($48 CDN for 4 grams)
Beautiful packaging with standard velvet Chanel embossed sleeve 


Standard plastic compact (Front)


Standard plastic compact (Back)



Inside view of compact with mirror and brush (for touch-ups)

Swatched heavily (left), blended (right)

I have been wanting this blush ever since Tiffany of makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com purchased it in a haul and has been raving about it in tutorials and monthly favourite videos. As you can probably tell by now, Youtube has a huge influence on the products that I buy...


The second item is the LE BLUSH CRÈME DE CHANEL in # 64 Inspiration ($43 CDN) and contains 2.5 grams of product. 

Inspiration is a soft pink cream blush with blue undertones and has a matte finish. The texture and pigmentation of this blush is incredible! It not only has great colour payoff on my fair skin, but it can also be built up to accommodate those with darker complexions. 


Chanel LE BLUSH CRÈME DE CHANEL Cream Blush in #64 Inspiration ($43 CDN for 2.4 grams)


Standard velvet sleeve packaging

Plastic compact (Front) 

Back of compact

Inside view of compact with mirror 

Swatched heavily (left), blended (right) - Beautifully pigmented! 

Here are the blushes side by side for comparison. On the left, #68 Rose Écrin & Right #64 Inspiration.

Comparison of both compacts: Chanel # 68 (left) contains 4 grams of  product and a brush, and Chanel # 64 (right) contains 2.5 grams of product and no brush - I actually prefer the smaller compact as it is more travel friendly! I don't usually use the brushes included in compacts, although the brush included in #68 isn't bad 

Comparison of compacts, opened
This concludes my small haul! Please let me know if you would like me to review an item in detail. Thank you so much for reading! 

XO, 

Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment