Tuesday, September 17, 2013

MAC Retro Matte Collection for Fall 2013

Hi ladies! 

As promised, I have another quick blog post for you today on MAC's most recent collection. MAC launched the MAC Retro Matte Collection for Fall 2013 last Thursday, September 12th in stores, and I had the chance to pick up a few items.

MAC Retro Matte Collection for Fall 2013 (promo image)
According to MAC, "Inspired by Ruby Woo's overwhelming popularity and one-of-a-kind texture, MAC introduces new bold shades in its 'Reteo Matte' finish. Eye-catching colours like Dangerous and All Fired Up create a look that's fiercely feminine. MAC also premieres Pro Longwear Lip Pencils in a vibrant colour palette, giving this long-lasting and transfer-proof pencil an exhilarating makeover" 

I must say, I own Ruby Woo and it is a fantastic lipstick formula! It doesn't appear to be as drying as most matte lipsticks, and it is so incredibly vibrant and bold. Needless to say, I was excited to hear that MAC would be launching 7 new colours, with some of them being permanent! Below is a list of shades that MAC released with this collection:

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick ($18 CDN for 3 grams)

- Steady Going - light pink (limited)
- Runway Hit - nude (limited)
- Dangerous - orange-red (permanent)
- Relentlessly Red - bright coral-red (permanent)
- All Fired Up - bright fuchsia-red (permanent)
- Flat Out Fabulous - bright plum (permanent)
- Ruby Woo - bright blue-red (permanent)
- Fixed on Drama - deep wine (limited) 

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil ($23.00 CDN for 1.2 grams)

- In Anticipation - soft pink (repromote) 
- Staunchly Stylish - nude-pink (repromote)
- Shock Value - bright pink (repromote)
- Dynamo - bright coral red (permanent)
- High Energy - bright orange-red (permanent)
- Trust in Red - bright red (permanent)
- More to Love - blue-pink (repromote)
- Fashion Boost - bright purple (limited)





I must say, I didn't really know that only some of the colours in this collection would be permanent, and some limited, otherwise I may have purchased a couple of the limited ones. However, I didn't feel that I needed 'Steady Going' or 'Runway Hit' because I felt that I already had colours like them in my collection. 

I picked up 3 lipsticks and 1 lip pencil in this collection. The lipsticks I purchased were the MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks in Relentlessly Red, All Fired Up, and Flat Out Fabulous ($18.00 CDN for 3 grams). 




At first, I went in there with the intention of buying All Fired Up, but when I swatched Relentlessly Red, I fell in love with it! In the end, I couldn't decide and bought both, which I kind of regret because they are quite similar, and I don't wear red lipstick often. Oh well, story of my life. 

Here they are swatched side by side, and on my lips (sorry for my messy lip swatches, I didn't use a lip liner or a brush to apply these)


MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up (left) & Relentlessly Red (right) 

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up 

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Relentlessly Red



As you can probably tell, All Fired Up looks darker and more blue based when swatched, and slighly darker on the lips, and Relentlessly Red looks brighter and more coral. If I were to only get one, I would probably go for Relentlessly Red because I like the brightness of it, however All Fired Up would be better for Fall (see what I mean? Worst decision maker ever!) 

Finally, I also purchased the colour Flat Out Fabulous, and I absolutely love this colour! I believe that this is what the model is wearing in the promo image, correct me if I'm wrong! 


Here all all three colours swatched side by side
From left to right: All Fired Up, Relentlessly Red, Flat Out Fabulous 


MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous
Flat Out Fabulous is a beautiful bright fuchsia/plum colour and I think that it would look great on all skin tones! It reminds me slightly of MAC's Heroine lipstick (which is also matte). If you know Heroine, then I'm sure you know how popular it is in the blogging world (and also know that it is limited edition and slightly hard to find) All makeup artists and beauty lovers love it's rich purple shade, and anybody can pull it off! That's the point I am trying to make with this colour. It is a great shade and I strongly recommend you picking it up for the Fall & Winter season. 

Finally, I also picked up a MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Fashion Boost ($23.00 CDN for 1.2 grams). I believe that this shade is one of the limited edition ones in the collection. I actually got it to wear with Flat Out Fabulous and Heroine because it is a gorgeous purple shade that I believe would compliment both colours nicely. 


MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Fashion Boost ($23.00 CDN for 1.5 grams)


Fashion Boost Lip Pencil swatched heavily (left), blended (right)

Fashion Boost Lip Pencil all over 
That's all that I picked up from MAC's new collection. I love a matte lip and I can't wait to wear these lipsticks with some Fall inspired looks. Comment below if you would like a tutorial or MOTD wearing any of these. 

Thank you as always for reading! 

XO,
Brittany 


No comments:

Post a Comment