Monday, September 23, 2013

MOTD: Everyday Neutral Eye (Fall Inspired)

Hello again!

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend!


I just wanted to post a quick MOTD of a simple eye look I saw on Instagram using only 2 eyeshadows!  Most of the products used are by MAC, but the look is simple enough to switch up with colours of your own!





If you want to see more photos and a list of products used, then please keep reading!









For this look, I decided to go for a darker blush and lip combination. I usually almost always use MAC's Creme D' Nude or Myth on an everyday basis (which are both creamy pink-toned flesh nudes). These lipsticks are a lot lighter in colour and are some of my favourite MAC lipsticks. However, for this look I wanted to go for something slightly darker and more Fall appropriate. I decided to fill in my lips with MAC's Boldly Bare lip pencil (since I liked it so much when the MAC artist used it on me in my last MOTD), and then went over it with MAC's Peach Blossom Lipstick (which is more of a darker rosy pink colour) and snuck in some Myth in the centre of my lips afterwards, then topped it with Buxom's White Russian gloss. 

For my cheeks, I'm wearing my beloved Rockateur blush from Benefit. I feel that this lip and cheek combo compliment each other nicely and works as a nice transition colour into the fall season. This would be a good alternative if you aren't yet ready to rock a bold lip colour, which seems to be the current trend for Fall. 


Face:

- MAC Strobe Cream

- Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation SPF 19 in Beige Rose 20 (BR20)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light
- Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer in Suntan Matte
- Benefit Rockateur Blush
- The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer Highighter

Eyes:


- MAC Constructivist Paint Pot (as a base)

- MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow (lid)
- MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow (crease & lower lashline)
- Milani Liquif'EYE Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in 01 Black (lower lashline)
- MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow (lower lash line) added after for more definition
- Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Jet Black
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (Black)
- Ardell #105 Lashes

Brows:


- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde

- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in Taupe
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15

Lips:


- MAC Prep & Prime Lip

- MAC Boldly Bare Lip Pencil
- MAC Peach Blossom Lipstick & MAC Myth Lipstick (centre)
- Buxom White Russian Lipgloss


That's all for now! Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for more Fall inspired posts! 

XO, 
Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment