Monday, September 16, 2013

Sephora Haul: Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette, Nars Bellissima Eyeshadow Duo, Etc.

Hello again! 

I have been meaning to upload this post for a while now! I recently went to Sephora and picked up a couple of items that I have been lusting over...

The first item is something that I have been interested in since I saw photos of it on Instagram! It is the Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette ($54 CDN for 15 grams) 

Too Faced Cosmetics launched this palette with their Pretty Rebel Collection for Fall 2013 near the end of August, and I have been wanting to purchase it since! I have been holding off because I didn't want to spend the $54.00 CDN for a colourful palette that I may not get much use out of (I am a neutral eyeshadow girl at heart). However, I had a change of heart the moment that I swatched it in store! 

The packaging is without a doubt gorgeous, but the eyeshadows themselves are SO incredibly pigmented and buttery! I couldn't resist! If you haven't got the chance to swatch this palette in store, I urge you to do so immediately! Also keep in mind that this palette is limited edition, so if you're interested in it, I would get it while it lasts. 

The palette comes with a total of 10 full sized eyeshadows (each shadow contains 1.5 grams of product) which Too Faced describes as "10 after-hours approved (and all new) shadows in the deepest jewel tones, the most badass metallics and one scene-stealing pink" I had trouble photographing the swatches of this product, but be sure to check out the always amazing Temptalia for additional photos, swatches, and possible dupes! 



Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette ($54 CDN for 15 grams) 


Outer packaging


Palette (closed)

Top Row (L-R): Dainty, Charming, Girly, Totally Fetch, Miss Sparkles
Bottom Row (L-R): Ringleader, Gangsta, Instigator, Badass, Jailbird 

The next item I picked up was the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in  (3020) Bellissima ($39.00 CDN for 4 grams) This is my first Nars eyeshadow, and it is so shimmery and beautiful! The lighter shade (left) in this eyeshadow duo is described as a shimmering beige, where the darker shade (right) is described as a gray brown.

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Bellissima ($39 CDN for 4 grams)

Standard Nars packaging 


Back of Compact with shade name
Eyeshadow Duo in Bellissima
Shimmering Beige (left) & Grey Brown (right), opposite when swatched
I picked up this duo because I have been using my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (which I use daily, and LOVE...I just use either 'Foxy' or 'W.O.S' all over my lid, and 'Naked 2' in my crease, as well as 'Faint' to darken up my crease if needed) But lately, I feel that my everyday eyeshadow is lacking a little luster! I picked up this duo to add a little sparkle to my everyday neutral eye as the shades are very similar in tone. 

Finally, I have been on this weird yellow eyeshadow hunt for months now! I don't know what it is about yellow eyeshadow, but I love the look of it on, and I have been trying to find a matte yellow shade that is not too golden. I picked up the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Technicolor Palette hoping that the bright pastel yellow would look amazing, but it was very disappointing as it faded drastically and was way too powdery (I ended up returning it). I have heard of Illamasqua's Hype being a beautiful yellow, and also Sugarpill's Buttercupcake, but I am trying to find a cheaper alternative as I don't really want to spend $30 on a single eyeshadow...

Anyways... I was wandering around Sephora and found this gorgeous matte yellow eyeliner from Sephora's house brand. it is very creamy and the perfect yellow shade. The full name of the product is the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear Waterproof in shade 10 Banana Split (Matte) ($13 CDN for 0.04 oz) 


Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear Waterproof in 10 Banana Split (Matte) ($13 CDN for 0.04 oz)


Sephora Eye Pencil in Banana Split (Matte)
Swatched (left, and Blended (right)
 

It's kind of hilarious that I purchased it, because I figured that I could use it as a base for that perfect yellow eyeshadow that I am still trying to find! Sephora actually makes a coordinating eyeshadow in the same shade name (Banana Split) but it has a slight shimmer in it (ugh)...So please, if you know of any gorgeous matte yellow shades, please leave the name in the comments section below! Until then, the crazy hunt continues....

That's it for now! Sorry about my rant-filled post. I have so many blog post ideas that I want to write about so you will most likely see another one tomorrow! Thank you so much for reading as always! 

XOXO, 
Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment