Friday, September 13, 2013

Small MAC Haul: MAC Pro Longwear Collection for Fall 2013

Hi!

I stopped by MAC the other day to check out the new MAC Pro Longwear Collection for Fall 2013, which includes Pro Longwear foundations and concealers in new shade additions, as well as Pro Longwear Paint Pots and Eyeliners that I believe will be permanent! *I use MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer on a daily basis (it is my favourite under-eye concealer of ALL time, it is amazing and I have repurchased it over and over again) I wear shade NW15 FYI...


MAC released 12 Pro Longwear Paint Pots in total, 5 of which are brand new shades! I was most excited about these because I own a few (and LOVE) them as eyeshadow bases (that can also be used as stand-alone cream eyeshadows) According to the MAC website, 

"Pro Longwear Paint Pots deliver highly dimensional colour with a luxurious finish while Pro Longwear Eye Liner defines eyes with a dense water-resistant formula that glides on comfortably and stays for 12 hours, in seven new shades from eggplant to brilliant sheer gold"








Below are a list of all 12 shades (with descriptions), taken from Temptalia 

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots ($24 CDN for 5 grams)
  • Chrome Angel - Platinum silver
  • Let's Skate - Pale pink with pearl (repromote)
  • Perky - Cream coral with white pearl (repromote)
  • Rubenesque - Golden peach with gold pearl (repromote)
  • Layin' Low - Creamy beige (repromote)
  • Clearwater - Sea foam
  • Antique Diamond - Frosted olive silver (repromote)
  • Camel Coat - Muted beige
  • Tailor Grey - Muted grey
  • Stormy Pink - Muted grey purple 
  • Constructivist - Metallic brown with red pearl (repromote)
  • Blackground - Black grey with multi-colour (repromote)



The promo image for this collection is beautiful! I loved what the model is wearing on her eyes so I asked one of my MAC girls to let me know! I believe she is wearing Let's Skate on her inner corner and brow bone, Layin' Low in the crease, Rubenesque on the lower lashline, and a mixture of Constructivist and Tailor Grey on the lid. 

Of course, I purchased both Constructivist and Tailor Grey to recreate this gorgeous lid colour! (I also own Let's Skate as it was released in MAC's limited edition Glitter & Ice Collection for Holiday 2011 - score!) Also, seeing as how these shades are going to be permanent, I don't have to rush into buying them all! (Although, I may end up going back for Camel Coat in the near future...) 

Here are the swatches...
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots ($24 CDN for 5 grams)

Constructivist 

Tailor Grey

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Constructivist 



MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Tailor Grey 


MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot swatches in Tailor Grey (left) & Constructivist (Right) 



I also picked up another one of MAC's Fix+ spray ($25 CDN) because the pump on my old bottle broke...not sure why, but I just transferred the remainder into a travel size spray bottle and saved the bottle for Back to MAC (If you're not sure what this is, it's just a recycling program where you can bring in 6 empty containers for a free full-sized lipstick (at MAC counters) or a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow (at free-standing MAC stores)




That's all for what I picked up from the MAC Pro Longwear Collection for Fall 2013! Stay tuned for a small Sephora haul and some items that I picked up from MAC's Retro Matte Collection for Fall 2013 which was just released in stores yesterday! 

Thanks again for reading! As always, feel free to comment below if you have any questions! 

XO
Brittany 



2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to get into MAC products. Which item would you suggest I try first?

    Follow my beauty blog:
    Emilyjr09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Thanks for the comment!

    I still remember my first MAC purchase (it was MAC lipstick in HUE) and I was so overwhelmed by the brand! I would suggest starting off with a few neutral eyeshadows, (They have small and large palettes that you can create on your own which is great!), their blushes and lipsticks are also awesome, and maybe a foundation and concealer? For a medium to full coverage, I would go with Studio Fix Fluid and for a more light to medium coverage I would choose their Mineralize foundation! They also make a Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder that is amazing! (you can wear it alone or over foundation but it doesn't look too powdery, it gives a pretty glow to your face and is very natural looking)

    Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

    XO
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete