Friday, October 4, 2013

Haul: Riri Hearts MAC Fall 2013 Collection

Hello beautiful ladies! 

I wanted to get this post up ASAP for good reason! As most of you may know, the world's favourite bad gal Rihanna paired up with MAC to launch a series of collections showcasing some all new and limited MAC products. Sadly, the last two collections have both been online only (which was a huge hassle and disappointment to many customers) This release however (which I believe will be part 3 of 4) was released both in stores and online. 




There was some slight confusion as to what the release dates were (the online release took place on September 30th at 12:00 P.M.) and was released in free-standing stores last week (September 26th). However, it didn't arrive at counters until yesterday, October 3rd

Items are selling out crazy fast, so if this collection is something that interests you, I suggest you run to your local counter to grab something while you can! (FYI, when I swatched the eyeshadow palettes in store, I was actually quite impressed with the pigmentation of them if you're willing to spend the $52.50 CDN for them) I also LOVE the #35 lashes (which were also repromoted in the Marilyn collection) and i'm pretty sure you can still find these in stores

If you're interested in seeing what I picked up, please keep reading! 



I must say that my experience with this collection was pretty crazy. Yesterday, I had a hair appointment for 10:30 A.M., and figured that I would arrive at 10:00 A.M. to be there right when the doors opened (I purchased my products at MAC in The Bay). However, when I arrived around 5 minutes to 10, there was a hoard of girls waiting anxiously to get their hands on the coveted Riri collection. I had an idea of what I wanted to get before I went in, (which I would definitely recommend doing with special collections like this) so right when the doors opened I lined up at the cash register and got what I could. 


Riri Hearts MAC Promo Image

Riri Hearts MAC Lipsticks
From L-R Nude, Who's That Chick, Riri Woo, Talk That Talk 

I only was able to purchase 4 items from the collection:

  • Riri Hearts MAC Lipstick in Talk That Talk ($20.00 CDN)
  • Riri Hearts MAC Lipstick in Riri Woo ($20.00 CDN)
  • Riri Hearts MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Talk That Talk ($25.50 CDN)
  • Riri Hearts MAC Cream Colour Base in Diamonds ($26.50 CDN) 

Riri's lipstick in Nude was actually already sold out before the doors even opened (from people calling the store at 9 A.M. and placing items on hold, which I didn't know you could do) Thankfully, the two lipsticks I wanted the most were still available when I approached the register. I for some reason decided to purchase Talk That Talk's accompanying Lip Pencil, as well as the Cream Colour Base in Diamonds. In all of the commotion, I didn't realize that I had wanted to look at the Bad Girl Gone Good Powder Blush, or the repromoted Hibiscus Kiss Powder Blush Duo. But of course, when I inquired about them about 5 minutes later, they were sold out! Crazy. 


How Gorgeous is this packaging?! 
The packaging itself is a stunning baby/hot pink and rose gold! One of MAC's best in my opinion 


From L-R: Talk That Talk Pro Longwear Lip Pencil, Cream Colour Base in Diamonds, Talk That Talk & Riri Woo Lipsticks 

I am still happy that I was able to pick up some key items in the collection, and now know what to expect if I find that I desperately need to pick up something in the next release, because let's face it... I most likely will) 

I have yet to try out these products, but I will make sure I wear them in a MOTD soon! If you want to see additional photos or swatches, leave a comment below. Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram (abeautybarista) for photos!

As always, thank you so much for reading! 

XO
Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment